Gasherbrum is a free modern professional resume template. Fully editable 1-page CV template with smart fields for Microsoft Word. Includes matching cover letter template.
Modern Professional Resume
Getting your resume to the top of the pile is the first critical step to get called for an interview. You already know that for most open positions, the competition can be fierce. And in that battle, your resume is your first decisive weapon.
This new resume template will surely grab hiring managers’ attention. The beautiful header is the first part they will notice. It’s a modern yet very clean-style top banner. More specifically, it is designed with a blue top horizontal banner and a triangle on the left on a light gray background. Your photo will go in a very nice seal shape. Furthermore, you have enough space to display your profile statement on the right side.
Then below the header, showcase your information on a 2-column layout with a white background. The left part will feature your most important sections (i.e., your experience and education) while your contact information, skills, and interests will take place in the secondary right column.
Finally, thin horizontal and vertical blue lines separate each section, making your resume well-organized and easy to read.
It is designed for 1 page or more. For a multipage resume, the header will appear only on the first page.
The package (.ZIP format) includes:
- Resume templates
- Cover letter templates
These templates are optimized for Microsoft Word (.DOCX format) and are available in both International A4 and US/Canada Letter layouts
Optimized resume template for an easy customization
1) Clearly organized with tables
Most of the Word templates you can find online (even the most expensive ones) are simply built with text boxes and shapes. But every resume is different as information length and nature are specific to each of us. And it’s a nightmare to deal with when it comes to using the template with your own content. Tables, on the contrary, allow easy and hassle-free customization, with no formatting or alignment issue.
- click in the table,
- then click the “Layout” table under “Table Tools” and click “View Gridlines“.
The View Gridlines option either shows or hides the gridlines for ALL tables in your document:
2) User-friendly entry forms: designed with Text Content Control fields
This free resume template is also very easy to edit and to customize with MS Word (DOCX format): it is smartly designed using Text Content Control function from Microsoft Word. Just click once in each text field to either edit and enter your own information!
2) Instructions to insert your ID photo
You can choose to insert your own photo within the seal shape. But you can also just leave it blank and add a custom text (like, Curriculum Vitae”, “CV”, “Cover Letter”, etc.
- Select the circle shape in the seal element
- Right-click, and select the “Picture or texture fill” option
- Click “Insert…”
- And just select your photo from your computer. That’s it!
- Single or several pages resume (the header will just appear on the first page)
- Matching cover letter
- Professional quality, premium design
- Fully & easily editable with MS Word: built with Text Content Control function
- Designed with tables: perfectly aligned typography, easy to adjust and quick to customize – no advanced skills required
- Only FREE Font used – Modern typography and readable font
- 2 aspect ratios: A4 (210×297 mm) & US Letter (8.5×11 in) paper size
- Format: Word (.DOCX) – created with MS Word / Office 365
Resume and Cover Letter template preview:
Files included in the package:
- 4 Microsoft Word (version 2016 or above) files – DOCX
- 2 preview file – PDF
- 1 Readme file – PDF
Uses free fonts:
- Calibri, Calibri Light
- Download the main ZIP file & extract the files (for e.g. using Winrar, 7-Zip…)
- Install the required fonts if necessary
- Open the DOCX file and Start editing / customizing
- Save file as PDF
For this CV, you can use the free online solution “Word to PDF” from SmallPDF – you will be able to convert the whole document to PDF with no margin issues (i.e., full bleed).
- Email / Upload or Print it on any printer